Now Offering Group or Private Lessons for the Early Learner! AND Summer Music Camp!
Sherry's Music Playhouse is the perfect precursor for preparing early childhood children to learn the fundamentals of the elements of music whilst building
a strong music foundation on which to later build.
Our Motto: Planting Musical Seeds. Growing Strong Musicians!
4 time slots to choose: Tuesday 9:00am or 10:00am
Thursday 9:00am or 10:00am
4 Day Week with Mini Performance on Thursday for Parents
Must have at least 5 participants to begin group classes - Invite a friend!
Weekly Lessons for Summer - (7 weeks) Classes are 45 minutes - Space is limited to 10 students per class and held on either Tuesdays or Thursdays between 9:30am and 11:30am. Please put your name on the list to be personally contacted with further details about these lessons. (Location/Cost/Availability)
SUMMER MUSIC CAMP
July 12-15, 2021 8:45am - 11:30am
Location: Jefferson Baptist PreSchool
9135 Jefferson Hwy. Baton Rouge, LA. 70809
The 2019 camp in July was awesome and such a good response!
Let's do it again!
AGES 4 years old (by January 1) through 8 years old
Space is Limited!
This program is designed to get your early learner and elementary student (ages 4-8) involved in a comprehensive music camp experience that incorporates every aspect of music education while having fun! Students will sing, play instruments, explore, create, and experience musical movement as we teach the basic and fundamental elements of music. While learning the basics of steady beat, rhythm, and melody, students will also learn to read and compose short works of their own! We use the Orff-Schulwerk Approach to learning and making music along with the Prodigies Music Curriculum!
- What is the cost? It is the desire of the academy's founder to keep cost affordable for all families. Unlike most camps, ACCA (The Academy for Cultivating Creative Arts, llc) has put into place a FAMILY RATE with an additional sibling student fee for more than one participant. The cost of the camp is $200.00 for the first student and $100 per sibling thereafter. Students must be siblings and living at the same address to be qualified for FAMILY RATE. All fees are non-refundable.
- What's Included in my fee? Registration and Craft Supplies. Students will receive a camp t-shirt, a daily nut-free snack, materials for instrument construction, and an education taught by highly qualified teaching professionals in a safe and nurturing environment!
- When can I Drop Off and Pick Up? What is the Procedure? The day will begin with early bird drop off at 8:45am and pick up promptly at noon.. Classes will begin at promptly at 9:00am! We will not have a carpool line, therefore, you are responsible for walking your child to class, signing in, and helping them get their name tag. At the close of the camp day, your child must be signed out. Students will only be released to adults whose names are listed on the registration form. No students will be released without an adult!
- What clothing should be worn? Appropriate, modest play clothes are fine. NO SANDALS! Students are required to wear tennis shoes which are necessary for safety during movement activities. Note: no offensive text or images on t-shirts!
- Are scholarships available? Partial scholarships may be available and are determined on an individual basis. If you need financial assistance, please contact Sherry Barron via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What if I'm late in picking up my child? A $1.00 per minute late fee will be required after the first offense. In the case of an emergency which may delay you, please contact Sherry at 225-335-8365 and inform her of the problem. We appreciate your promptness.
- How will I be contacted incase of inclement weather, notifications or an emergency? ACCA uses the Remind App or texting to communicate with groups. In the case of an emergency with your child, a phone call or text will be made to you personally.