Six years and running...Talent Spectacular!, a division of The Academy for Cultivating Creative Arts, LLC (ACCA), is a school or organization fundraising performing arts show that is designed for students to creatively express themselves through music, dance, drama, literature, or by any other means that is performance oriented. Each routine/act is judged by highly qualified adjudicators. Participants receive coaching sessions to help them adequately prepare their talent for the show.
For more information on how to schedule a show for your school, please contact me by submitting the information in the Menu bar under "MORE" then select "contact."
I look forward to helping make your event Spectacular!
Educational Benefits: Research suggests that students benefit greatly from participating in talent shows. It broadens their perspectives and develops social and real-world skills; preparing them for the future workforce. Auditions and preparation for the show encourages initiative and responsibility, helps boost self-esteem and a sense of success, and it encourages students to pursue their own interest. Self-confidence is strengthened and students are more willing to take on more difficult challenges later in life. Students experience a paradigm shift as they begin to focus more about what they can achieve, not only in school but also in real life situations. Students are also engaged in critical thinking skills, problem solving techniques, and practice/performance skills as they are privately coached.
HOW TO AUDITION
STEPS TO AUDITIONING
Think of something that you or a group of 5 or less can do that will fit well into a talent show. You may sing, dance, play an instrument, perform a skit, or perform any other unusual skill. Make sure that the act you are doing “shows-off” your talent! Make sure that all acts are compliant with the school’s code. No inappropriate material may be displayed or worn!
Before the Audition:
- Get permission, sign up and pay your fee before the deadline!
- Practice to make sure that you have your act ready the day of auditions.
- Remember, it can only be 2 minutes! You may have to tailor your performance to fit into the time frame. DO NOT go over 2 minutes. This could result in disqualification!
- Select the clothes/costume/makeup/props that you will wear and use during the performance. Make sure it is suitable for your act and does not interfere or distract during your performance.
- Practice in front of friends and family and a mirror. Get advice and accept constructive criticism when given. This is your time to “mess up!” Practicing will help you work out the kinks and get over being nervous! Don’t give up! Keep practicing!
During the Audition:
- Relax! Quietly go into the room and do your best! Remember to clearly/loudly state your name and your act. Say “thank you” when you are finished. You will find out later, by mail, if you are accepted.
- If you make a mistake, act like nothing happened (no facial expressions either!); no one will suspect a thing because they don’t know your act! They will be able to notice a mistake only when you act like you made one!
- Perform in the middle of the stage and make strong eye-contact with your audience. Don’t just stand there either. The stage is your friend! When singing or speaking, walk around slowly so that your audience’s eye can follow you all the way.
- BE POSITIVE that you can and will do your best!